Each month, I scour the web to find the best and most unique things to spend your free weekends doing in the big smoke! This month – bonfire night is the highlight along with some foodie related places as always.
1. Bonfire Night: I love the 5th November, the idea of getting dressed up warm in the crisp Autumn air! Think hats, scarves, gloves, holding the biggest cup of hot chocolate in one hand and a sparkler in another! I always have fond memories of bonfire night, it always seems to be a good night with friends. To find a fireworks display near you, visit here.
2. Seas of Red: If you haven’t seen this already then it’s a must. The major art installation ‘Seas of Red‘ is showing at the Tower of London to mark one hundred years since the first full day of Britain’s involvement in the First World War. It is so stunning that I plan on visiting it for a second time round. But hurry – it ends on the 11th November. For more information, click here.
3. BBC Good Food Show: I don’t think a month will ever go by without some sort of food related thing to do in London. The BBC Good Food Show is being held at Olympia London (High Street Kensington is the closest tube) from the 14th to 16th November. Expect ‘eyes bigger than your stomach’ amounts of food and drink, demonstrations from Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood as well as a ‘Bakes and Cakes Village’. What isn’t to love! To buy tickets, click here.
4. The Crown Tavern in Clerkenwell, London: I visited this pub restaurant last week with work and I was wowed by the decor and the interior features. It was just such a cool place to sit and have a drink and gave such a relaxed atmosphere. I didn’t even get a chance to try the food but I would definitely go there again! Find out more here.
5. Vauxhall Christmas Tree Maze: I really wanted to leave anything Christmas related until December but when I found this, I could not wait. Imagine a gigantic maze made out of Christmas trees crammed with fairy lights on an autumn evening! There’s even an outdoor ice rink, food stalls and a craft market! Who knows how many hours of entertainment this could provide, for me and my maze cracking skills, probably all weekend! For more information, click here.